Monday, February 21, 2011

Blue Tailcoat - Part 1

So I've got another sewing project to share! I've been commissioned to create a period tailcoat based on the pattern below -- but with quite a few alterations!A look at my workspace... l-r, the pile of cut patterns, on the table is my printed correspondance with details regarding changes, and then the computer is out for easy checking on the pictures in other e-mails, and finally is my wacom tablet for making a sketch of the project.
The materials. The navy is a wool blend, the cream is a lining, and the buttons are... well, obviously buttons!
Below is a VERY rough sketch I did showing the changes I'm going to be making to the pattern. It's not perfect -- the number of buttons are off and it's missing the cuffs on the sleeves, but you can get a general idea of the color coordination.

No comments: