Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekly Art Roundup

For a week that actually had a couple days of no art work, I turned out quite a number of finished pieces!

First off is a subdued rendering of Illyana Rasputin - Magik (better known as the younger sister of X-Man Colossus).

Second is my most recent work, a self-portrait based on a picture from two years ago. This is the first "photo realistic" coloring project I've attempted and I'm quite happy with the results.


Third is a drawing of X-Man Psylocke done by my talented friend, Alicia. She gave me permission to color it, and I definitely had fun doing so!


While parts of the forth piece remain problematic, this was a good exercise in action poses. It's a duel in a telepathic landscape by Jean Grey and Emma Frost. The background is a photo from my Virginia adventures that I tweaked around.


Lastly is a more cartoonish style rendering of three X-Men members. Featured below are Pixie (Megan Gwynn), Rogue (Anna Marie Raven) and Jubilee (Jubilation Lee) on a shopping trip to the mall. Thanks to Alicia and Andy for giving me some constructive criticism on the proportions!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of the art you've been posting, as someone who has always wanted to draw but finds stick figures to be out of her skill zone I love seeing other peoples work! It also helps that I love the X-Men!=)

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Oh cool, another X-Men fan! Which are your favorites?